Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
SECTION 1: MELBOURNE FRINGE WEBSITE
Melbourne Fringe supports and advocates for the rights of all of our artists, and presents our website for general public use only. Use of this Site is subject to the following conditions. Please check this page periodically as we make updates in response to relevant regulation and legislation.
- You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Site for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than to promote or discuss Melbourne Fringe or the Melbourne Fringe Festival for personal, non-commercial ends.
Copyright and Trademarks
- The trademarks appearing on this site are primarily trademarks of Melbourne Fringe and/or its suppliers, and they are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this Site can be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Melbourne Fringe.
Disclaimers, Indemnity & Limitation of Liability.
- Melbourne Fringe does not promise that the Site will be errorfree, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the Site, search or link on it. The Site and its content are delivered on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. Melbourne Fringe cannot ensure that files you download from the Site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. Melbourne Fringe disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including also any implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Melbourne Fringe will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Site, including without limitation, direct, indirection, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
- Melbourne Fringe disclaims any and all liability for acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, Melbourne Fringe users, advertisers and/or sponsors, in connection with the Melbourne Fringe service or otherwise related to your use of the Site and/or the Melbourne Fringe service.
- Melbourne Fringe is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of the Seller, any venue, performer, promoter or other third party in connection with or referenced on the Site.
- In no event will Melbourne Fringe be liable to you for any loss or corruption of data or any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits, goodwill or bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings even if Melbourne Fringe has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You agree to indemnify Melbourne Fringe, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, including also your use of the Site to provide a link to another site.
- Melbourne Fringe reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time, effective immediately.
- If any part of these Terms & Conditions are held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part must be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and you irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Victoria.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SECTION 2: MELBOURNE FRINGE COMPETITIONS & GIVEAWAYS
The Promoter is Melbourne Fringe ACN 006 125 515, 225 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
2. WHO MAY ENTER
The only persons who may enter and be awarded prizes are Australian residents who are not employees of the Promoter or its related bodies corporate, or the immediate family of such employees. "Immediate family" means spouse, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering the competition, participants agree to be bound by these General Terms and Conditions and any Special Terms and Conditions appearing on the website specific to the particular competition.
4. LIMITATIONS ON ENTRY
Participants may only enter the competition once, unless the Special Terms and Conditions specify otherwise. Only the first received entry will be valid if more than one entry is received from a participant.
5. HOW TO ENTER AND SELECTION OF WINNERS
For competitions that are a game of skill: entrants are required to submit a creative answer to a question. Winners will be selected by a panel of representatives of the Promoter who, at their discretion, will select the best answer/s based upon originality, creativity, and adherence to the word limit. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
For competitions that are a game of chance: entrants must submit an answer to a question. Entries will be drawn at random. The first entry (or entries) drawn where the question has been correctly answered, will win.
The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on every entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
All prizes must be taken as offered and are not exchangeable, transferable, redeemable for cash or for resale. In the event that a prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes unclaimed after a period of one month from the date of notification of the winner may be forfeited and used by the Promoter at the discretion of the Promoter.
7. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
Winners will be notified by email. For prizes with a total value over $1000, winners names will be acknowledged on melbournefringe.com.au for a minimum of 28 days post-drawing.
All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entries not completed in accordance with the conditions of entry or received after the closing date will not be considered. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be disregarded.
If for any reason a competition does not run for its duration due to a computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter is not responsible for any:
(a) malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
(b) any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the competition or down loading any materials in a competition.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookieS
How we use collected information
Melbourne Fringe Festival may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Melbourne Fringe Festival
Level 2, 225 Bourke St (City Village), Melbourne 3000
PO Box 24118, Melbourne VIC 3001
This document was last updated on September 04, 2013